Tuesday, September 19, 2017

New Art, New Story, New Character

I suppose I should learn to concentrate on one writing project at a time. On the other hand, I get burned out if I focus on one thing for too long, and you might as well take advantage of the ideas while they're there, right? Just like with fishing, you never know when you'll snag a good one, and if you let it go, chances are you'll never get it back.

So for NaNoWriMo this year, I'm going to write a story that takes place in Terence's world, in the future. The main antagonist, Tyrell, happens to be Terence's own descendant, his many-times-great-grandson. He's still in the rough stages (and I'm always wary about providing too much information online), but let's just say he's a certified megalomaniac. He has a way overblown ego, partly because he has Terence's blood. By this time, Terence is highly revered, almost a saint, and to be part of his family tree is considered a wonderful honor. So Tyrell definitely lets that lineage go to his head.

I guess this would be like the Legend of Korra for my story, because it takes place in the same world in a future era, where technology and magic come together. So this book will be sort of a crossbreed of science fiction and fantasy. And, I will confess, I got just a tiny bit of inspiration from Game of Thrones, too.

This is only Tyrell's first design, so it's subject to change. But I see at least a few features that are definite keepers. I do plan to keep his hair and eye color. And you can see the family resemblance from Terence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 17 - Matchmaker

Tzeitel, you're the oldest! Yente has to arrange a match for you before she can make one for me! Oh Yente, Yente! Well, somebody has to...