Sunday, June 23, 2024

My Birthday - Recap

Hard to believe I'm already 36. 

I know age is just a number, and the only real difference I feel right now is my hairstyle.

I've been wanting a haircut for some time, since it grows quite long in a short time, and the last time I got it cut was two years ago. While I don't pay too much attention to my looks, I always had a soft spot for my hair.

So, this was a little birthday present for myself. Some people like to get their nails done on their birthday, some like to shop for new clothes, some like to get their hair cut, and some like to do all the above.

For the most part, I took it easy at home since I didn't have work, though I did get my cake from work for half-price. Sometimes customers get a little upset with me because while we do sell birthday cakes, we don't have much space in our display case and the cakes must be ordered at least 24 hours in advance, and the customer complains, "But I need something now."

Luckily for me, I ordered mine weeks ago, but I think I'll get something a little smaller next time. 

We ate dinner at Golden Corral (an all-you-can-eat buffet, one of my favorites) the day before and I asked Mom for a spaghetti dinner on my actual birthday (my sister had work) with Cherry Coke. I can't say if Cherry Coke is my most favorite drink but it's definitely up there.

For a birthday movie, I chose The Little Mermaid the day before (after we got home from Golden Corral) and then chose Pinocchio the next day, and I watched Bambi by myself just before bed. All three of these movies reminded me of the good old days of Disney, when they were actually good. A great deal of Reid's story is told in the style of Pinocchio, with Malachi in particular based partly on Geppetto. And Bambi told a beautiful, heartfelt, timeless story with minimal dialogue; I plan to watch Bambi II soon. Everyone's opinions on The Little Mermaid vary but I personally feel it's just good enough to where a remake really wasn't necessary. Same goes for Pinocchio and all the rest, but what'cha gonna do?

I got a few nice gifts. My family gave me a cute blue shirt with Disney characters, new shoes, and a small Bluey doll, since I mentioned my growing interest in Bluey. I also got a cool birthday story from a good friend and I did a little online shopping for myself.

The cake was chocolate mousse with strawberries (extremely decadent) and the ice cream was Moose Tracks and rainbow sherbet.

That's about it. Nothing fancy but still nice, and we are planning a post-birthday shopping trip this week, since I love Bath & Body Works and this cool candy shop called IT'SUGAR.

Here's to another successful trip around the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FanX - Two Years Later

It's hard to believe that this time, exactly two years ago, I was in Salt Lake City with my own little art booth at FanX, the biggest ar...