Sunday, October 2, 2022

My Inktober 2022 - 2 - (Perry) Mason

My parents were huge fans of Perry Mason, the old version with Raymond Burr, and watched it religiously every night, alongside shows like M*A*S*H* and I Love Lucy and My Three Sons and The Andy Griffith Show


Even now, Mom likes to keep the old tradition going and we got her a few DVDs, so she doesn't have to wait until nighttime to watch it and she can pick any episode she likes. 

Me, I'm what you'd call a "half-fan" of the show. Every so often I do join in, and some of those episodes are very interesting. They do a great job at keeping you guessing, showing several candidates for murder but it's impossible to tell which of them actually went through with the dark deed. The theme song is pretty cool, too. 

Probably my favorite episode of them all is "The Case of the Nine Dolls." It's a surprisingly poignant episode, where Perry Mason helps out a little orphaned girl and it appears that everybody's out to get the poor kid just for existing. She makes me think of my own Mason Wiles, along with Erica and Peter.


(Images property of their respective owners.)

And speaking of Mason Wiles, yes, this is mainly where his name came from. Now I can't hear the title of the show anymore without thinking of him. 

So, why not portray him as the famous criminal lawyer for Inktober? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 17 - Matchmaker

Tzeitel, you're the oldest! Yente has to arrange a match for you before she can make one for me! Oh Yente, Yente! Well, somebody has to...