Tuesday, October 25, 2022

My Inktober 2022 - 25 - Grandpa Owl

Grandpa Owl is a very wise, caring bird, essentially a "grandpa" to everybody, even non-birds. 

Whenever someone needs advice or comfort, or a little help getting home late at night, he's always there. He's got an especially soft spot for children. 

And yes, he has a couple of grandchildren of his own, at least one grandson and one granddaughter, who visit him often enough and adore him to pieces. I haven't decided if he should have a son or daughter, or more than one child. Either way, he's "Grandpa" for real. 

But he's also a widower, and this is where I'll ease into more sensitive topics for kids. His wife hasn't been gone for too long; his grandkids remember her well enough and miss her almost as much as he does. Then he finds a "second love" with another elderly owl, a widow with a few grandkids of her own. They teach the lesson that there's no time limit to falling in love (or grief) and they also assure their grandkids that this doesn't mean their first grandma/grandpa is being replaced by any means, or loved any the less. 

I see wonderful potential for this character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 16 - When I Grow Up

When I grow up, I will be tall enough to reach the branches That I need to reach to climb the trees You get to climb when you're grown u...