Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Musical May 2022 - Day 18 - Behind These Hazel Eyes

I always liked Kelly Clarkson, and this song, as you may have guessed, ranks among my top favorites in spite of the heartbreaking premise.

There's nothing worse than leading someone to believe you actually care about them and then leaving them in the cold. I find this lyric particularly haunting: "I told you everything, opened up and let you in. You made me feel all right for once in my life."  

Strongly implying that the protagonist has already had trust issues, and now such issues are further complicated due to the person using their trust like a toy. That's a serious kick to the gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 17 - Matchmaker

Tzeitel, you're the oldest! Yente has to arrange a match for you before she can make one for me! Oh Yente, Yente! Well, somebody has to...