Saturday, May 7, 2022

Musical May 2022 - Day 7 - It Makes Me Ill

I could never get enough of *NSYNC as a kid, and while this was never one of my favorite songs, it's still a good one.

It really does give you a kind of sick feeling when you see your ex with somebody else...although you must also pity the new person, because in this song, the girl is just using him to make the first guy jealous: "I can tell that you don't really love that guy/But there's no need for you to go and waste your time."

To me, few things are more deplorable than somebody using somebody else for personal gain, for treating them like a toy, for making them "believe" that you care about them for real. 

That's what my Tyrell is guilty of with his first girlfriend Candy, so it only makes perfect sense that they eventually break up for good, though they still maintain a decent friendship. Candace can't very well say she was an angel herself. 

Thus completes Week 1 of 2022 Musical May!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 17 - Matchmaker

Tzeitel, you're the oldest! Yente has to arrange a match for you before she can make one for me! Oh Yente, Yente! Well, somebody has to...