Friday, May 20, 2022

Musical May 2022 - Day 20 - Who Let the Dogs Out

Holy smokes, this song was EVERYWHERE when it first came out; I remember kids in junior high and high school positively belting it out at dances. Even to this day, that chant is almost impossible to get out of your head. 

Of course, it took me many years to realize they weren't singing about real dogs. Still, how could I resist drawing such adorable pups frolicking about?

I always wished I had a dog (I'm a dog and cat person) but both my parents always said one cat at a time was plenty. Not that I can complain about the little Pipsqueak I've got right now; she's an absolute doll. 

I can see why her former owners hated to part with her. The only reason they did so was because her first owner sadly died, and the owner's brother and his wife already had two other cats with whom Pippi didn't get along so well. (She was declawed and they were not.) So, they thought of us and asked us if we'd like to have her. 

This was barely two months after Butterscotch was put to sleep and I was afraid it was too soon...but now I love Pippin to pieces. Her name was my idea and I wouldn't trade her for any dog, though I still like to picture myself with a cute little canine to call my own one of these days. If I could, I'd love a collie, or Golden Retriever, or German Shepherd, or possibly a Dalmatian.

You'll find plenty of dogs in Terence and Reid's stories. Terence has a collie named Duke underfoot, and Reid has a huge (but harmless) dog named Thatch. Ann never liked dogs (never was fond of animals in general) but Thatch ultimately grows on her. 

Kyla always had a dog or two on her farm, and she was allowed to bring her current dog with her when she moved into the castle after her grandmother's death. 

Even Mason has a dog. I've yet to draw him but his name is Zephyr; Mason's parents never liked him but he was always good company for the children and very gentle with them. He sires a few pups, so the canine and human generations keep growing side by side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 17 - Matchmaker

 Matchmaker