Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas!

If you celebrate the holiday, a very happy holiday to you! If you celebrate some other holiday, happy holidays just the same!

My Christmas was low-key, but I like low-key.

I got to stay home from work (and these last couple of weeks have been pe-e-er-e-e-e-e-etty hectic), I got to catch a nice little nap, and I got some great goodies from old Saint Nick.

This year's loot consisted of new clothes, Bath & Body Works (I always ask for something from B & BW), a stuffed giraffe, a DVD (Volume 1 of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers, a show I barely remember anymore but absolutely adored as a kid), some books (including a gorgeously illustrated collection of Grimm's Fairy Tales) and notebooks, a back roller, a unicorn pen, unicorn bedsheets, and one of my old high school buddies brought me a horse calendar for 2020 and a framed autograph from Chris Kirkpatrick, my most favorite member from *NSYNC. My buddy was lucky enough to meet him at some convention in Salt Lake City a few months back, and she was kind enough to remember me. She even had him write my name on it. 

Besides the autograph, I'd say my best gift was a mini laptop. Nothing wrong with the laptop I've got now but I thought it would be kind of cool to have another laptop I could carry around a bit more, and I could do some writing after work or in a library or even a bookstore. I also placed a purchase for a carrying bag that can (hopefully) hold both computers when I'm not using them.

I did run into a little snag by purchasing a writing program that's not compatible with my mini laptop, so I had to contact "support" for a refund. Luckily it worked out, and I feel bad for giving the guy a little extra work on Christmas but he was so nice. He even helped me find a program that was compatible, and even cheaper, and so part of the money will cover that cost and the rest will be sent back to my bank account.

It wouldn't have been a total loss without the refund, but I'm not the kind of person to just throw money away.

After dinner, my mom wanted to watch White Christmas. I declined because it's a long movie and, with a couple of exceptions, I don't have much patience for lengthy movies.

And I supplied the Christmas dessert, courtesy of my workplace: peppermint brownies!

Overall, like I said, low-key but still nice. Not bad considering it's my first Christmas since losing my grandparents, and Mom was hit kind of hard since they're her parents. Maybe it was because we had such a tough year that Santa decided to be a bit more generous than usual.

Well, all that's left for me to say here is: here's to the New Year, and the new decade!










No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 21 - You'll Never Walk Alone

When you walk through a storm, Hold your head up high And don't be afraid of the dark At the end of the storm, There's a golden sky...