Monday, June 20, 2022

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today marks the day that I turn 34, believe it or not. And I still feel like I belong in high school, despite it being seven years since college graduation.
 
It's been a quiet day, but a very nice one. I got the day off from work, so I got to sleep in for as long as I liked. At lunchtime, Mom suggested take-out, and so I suggested Chick-fil-A, and we picked up my cake from work itself while we were at it. (One of the nice things about working for Kneaders is an employee discount!) 
 
My cake was a super-thick chocolate mousse with strawberries on top. Very nice, but super decadent. For the ice cream, we got chocolate brownie and cotton candy.
 
Dinner was Spaghetti-Os with cucumber slices and carrot sticks, and after dinner, I wanted to watch Pinocchio. Then Mom and the kids surprised me with a few presents: a new pair of jeans, a new pair of pantyhose (it's amazing how quickly those things wear out), a Spongebob shirt, and a bag of gummy frogs.
 
Christine brought her kids over for the movie, the cake, and the ice cream. 
 
The majority of my day was spent relaxing, listening to music, and working on another FanX piece, a piece featuring Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket. Since I love that movie so much, and it's a certified Disney classic, I had to pay some kind of homage to it.
 

 
That's about it. Like I said, quiet but nice. 
 
Let the next year of my life roll!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 18 - Hello Dolly

Hello, Dolly This is Louis, Dolly It's so nice to have you back Where you belong You're lookin' swell, Dolly I can tell, Dolly Y...