Wednesday, September 11, 2024

2024 9-11 Memorial

Every year, I make a small tribute to 9/11, and this year is no exception.

I also play Alan Jackson's "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)" a few times, and lately, I've been playing some Peter, Paul, and Mary songs since they were very big anti-war advocates. My dad liked them a lot, too.


Can't believe it's been 23 years since it happened. Can't believe something like this even happened to begin with. It will never cease to amaze me how far people will go to cause other people harm.

On the other hand, we mustn't forget the good that usually comes out of the bad. History should be preserved no matter how uncomfortable it makes us, if we have any hope in the world of never repeating it. The victims deserve to be remembered, and it remains truly inspiring and humbling how many of us pulled together, both then and now. 

I think the 2002 Spider-Man movie sums up the fighting, tribal spirit of New York up nicely: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 9-11 Memorial

Every year, I make a small tribute to 9/11, and this year is no exception. I also play Alan Jackson's "Where Were You (When the Wor...