This actually took place on Wednesday, but I wasn't able to upload the photos until now.
My baby sister, Corie-Oreo, has officially graduated from Vista! It's basically a "post high school" program for kids with special needs; they go to this school for four years (starting at age 18, ending at age 22) and that's when they get their high school diploma. It's also a work training facility, helping special needs kids become more independent, more familiar with technology, develop better communication skills and better manners, and all that jazz.
Both my brothers also attended Vista, so this means Corie is the last one.
Unfortunately, Mom couldn't be with us that night (Grandpa had a medical emergency, and while he was in good hands, Mom needed to be with Grandma more than anything else, since Grandma can't function on her own anymore), but Christine filled in for her, and of course, we both put our phone cameras to good use!
And tonight, we will have that celebratory dinner, with Christine joining us once again. Just for the record, Corie has opted for dinner from Wendy's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Remembering FanX - 4 Years Later
Well, another FanX has come and gone. Hard to believe it’s already been four years since I was there.
-
Today was the day of our ward Christmas party. This year we held a breakfast at the Stake Center, and it was just me and Chris this time. M...
-
As if you couldn't tell by now, I positively adore Pinocchio . In fact, I just had the privilege of watching it with my family, for the ...
-
If I had to choose five of my most favorite movies, or the movies that have inspired me the most and never lost their charm over the years, ...






























No comments:
Post a Comment