Monday, May 27, 2019

Writing Quotes

As an aspiring writer, I'm as insecure about my own work as the next. 

More than once (and more lately) I've been wondering if I'm just wasting my time and energy. I wonder if any of my stuff will ever make it to the bookshelves, or will ever be deemed "that good." While I feel I have some genuinely good stories (worth telling, at least) in my head, I worry that I won't be able to get them all down on paper or do them enough justice. Everything sounds a thousand times more epic in your private imagination.

I don't expect to make a fortune, although it sure wouldn't hurt if that ever happened. If nothing else, I want to write the kinds of stories I can personally enjoy. I want to be able to read what I wrote with my own eyes and think, "This isn't bad at all!"

The thing is, my self-esteem has never been strong. While it's not as bad as it was in my childhood days (I'd say junior high marked my lowest point), I don't feel like there's much, if anything, about me worth mentioning. But people do tell me I write very well; Mrs. Cannon was the one to light that spark, and I will admit that my writing has improved dramatically since college. So I don't feel quite as bad that I'm not published yet.

Still, there's that constant whisper of doubt...always nagging somewhere in the back of your mind.

And so I felt I could use a few "inspirational quotes" to perk myself up.










No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...