Monday, May 20, 2019

Kids and Unicorns

Time for a happy post!

I like kids and I like unicorns, so both make for a lovely combo. Today, the most adorable little girl came into my work with her mom and younger brother. She was wearing this super-cute unicorn cap, which I just had to compliment. Her mom told me it was for a friend's "unicorn-themed" birthday party she would be going to later that day.

Naturally, I had to tell the girl that unicorns were awesome and my most favorite fantasy creature. You should have seen her face; it was as if she had just won a million dollars or a lifetime supply of ice cream. I also told her I liked dragons, mermaids, and Pegasus, and she got excited at the mention of mermaids, too. She even told me flat out, "Unicorns are real!"

While I made sure to keep my focus on their order (and my job), I mentioned I was working on some unicorn stories and a unicorn coloring book of my very own, and we would "see what happens." Her mom was impressed, and at least twice, I leaned over the counter for a high-five.

Even now, I'm getting warm fuzzies just thinking about it.








No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...