Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Dad's Birthday, Kneaders, and Easter

First things first: happy birthday, Dad.


He would have turned 62, and just because he's not here (in the flesh) doesn't mean we can't still celebrate his special day.

We still celebrated Grandpa's birthday on March 31; incidentally, there are exactly 30 years between Dad and Grandpa, and exactly 30 years between Dad and me. That means when I was born, Dad was the big 3-O and Grandpa was the big 6-O.


Since Dad preferred pie to cake, we got a special chocolate strawberry pie from Kneaders.

Speaking of Kneaders, sadly, I am no longer working there...at least, not as long as this "social distancing" keeps up.


No point in keeping an employee that's not even coming in to work, I understand, but it's still a huge bummer. I really liked that job, and today would have marked a full year since I started working there. They said I'm perfectly welcome to come back when this is over, but that's just it: will there even be a job to come back to?

So much going on right now. So much uncertainty. So many possibilities, for good and bad. Can't take all this any longer than a single day at a time.

Again, bummer.


Naturally, with all this free time on my hands, there's plenty of writing and drawing going on. Keeps me from going out of my mind, and if I'm lucky, I'll actually have something ready to publish.

And since Easter is the next major holiday, yes, I've got an Easter unicorn piece. Tried to make it as cheerful and cute as possible. Now that it's finished, even I have to admit it's absolutely adorable:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...