Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving!

My little sister has to work today (she’s a cafeteria worker in a retirement home) so we had Thanksgiving dinner a little early. The food was delicious, and I provided the rolls, one of the many perks of working in a bakery/cafe.





And when Corie gets home tonight, that’s when we’re gonna have dessert (which I also provided) and watch “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.” The Peanuts specials are one of our sacred traditions. 




For now, I plan to take it easy with a little art, a little writing, a little music, and maybe a little reading. 

The best part is getting a breather from work. As much as I love my job, it has been absolutely insane this past week alone. Amazing how many customers bite our heads off because they put off their shopping until the very last minute, we actually need time to put all those orders together, and we only have so much left in stock. 

Oh, well, at least the majority of the customers are perfectly pleasant and I still get paid well; my salary got bumped up another dollar this month, and I got a $50 gift card as an early Christmas present. Besides, I used to work at WinCo Foods and Deseret Industries; I can handle just about anything.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 21 - You'll Never Walk Alone

When you walk through a storm, Hold your head up high And don't be afraid of the dark At the end of the storm, There's a golden sky...