Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Terence and Rhiella (Again)

Okay, so this is nothing really earth-shattering, but I honestly can't get enough of these two, and I take rare pride in this picture I made myself.


Believe it or not, Terence has been a literal lifesaver. He and his story kept me going when I was struggling to figure out what to do with my life after high school (I kind of dragged my feet about college for a while, though I had no trouble deciding what to major in), and provided excellent therapy for these last two years, with the loss of my dad and all my other problems.

Other things have kept me going, too, of course, but Terence was a big help.

Plus, it just relaxes me and helps me blow off stress to draw or write about him.

Wonder if I'll be fortunate enough to make his story into a real book. Everyone tells me I write so well and they're really excited about my story. Maybe it really is meant to be written because this thing's still going strong after more than ten years (I first started writing it when I was 17) and I have writing projects going back only two or three years that I'm already burned out on. I have to say, this thing has gotten loads better since its early stages; the quality of the writing is astounding.

Sometimes I fear I have too many ideas, and I'm not so worried about whether or not this is a good story as I am about how much justice I'll be able to do it.

Everything always looks and sounds so much more epic in your head, and it's a fine thing to try to make that transition from the imagination to the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...