Saturday, March 18, 2017

Busy Day

Whoo boy! The orientation at WinCo ended a lot sooner than expected (it was just me, working on the computer, signing a bunch of papers, and watching a demonstration DVD), but they were nice enough to let me stay in the break room and have my lunch.

It's yet to sink in that I'm not going back to D.I. or the Ogden Temple. (Hopefully I'll still get to volunteer at the temple once in a while.) Jeanne (my new boss) told me that I'll start out slow, as in part-time. Apparently, everybody at WinCo starts out with part-time hours. But at least it's not a seasonal job, like Barnes & Noble was, so I'll try to stick it out.

With luck, I'll soon get the hang of this new place and be able to perform my duties like clockwork. I consider myself a pretty quick learner.

When I got home, my family celebrated with a dinner at Noodles & Company (my choice), and naturally, I ordered spaghetti and meatballs, along with a small tossed salad, cheesy garlic bread, and grape Sprite. And since I needed a few new shirts for WinCo (we're supposed to wear polo shirts, so that we have something to clip our name tags on, and they should be red, black or white), we browsed a few stores.

We stopped at Barnes & Noble (yes, that place) to look for a few books to send to Christine. Naturally, I had to buy a few books of my own. It was mostly classic literature, such as Aesop Fables and Grimm's Fairy Tales and Frankenstein, but what I got excited about the most was Sun Tzu's The Art of War. Then I caved and purchased two more books: a Brandon Mull book and some kind of unicorn picture book. The books at B&N sure don't come cheap, though the quality is superb. It's a good thing payday was this week!

After I finally found my shirts at Wal-Mart, we bought some ice cream both for me and St. Patrick's Day: mint chocolate chip with Rocky Road.

And...that's about it.

If I ever score a book deal, I'll say, "Life is good!" But I have to admit, life is pretty good right now. It's so nice to have something pleasant happen for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...