Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The 12 Days of Christmas of 2023 - Day 1

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a partridge in a pear tree!
 
The partridge is a symbol of wisdom, fertility, and selfless love. The partridge will gladly give its life for its children. On that account, the partridge in the song represents Jesus Christ.
 


My fantasy version:
 
On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a unicorn as white as the snow!
 
In Celtic mythology, the unicorn is a symbol of purity, innocence and power. From Christianity's perspective, the unicorn is a symbol of purity and grace that could only be captured by a virgin, thus it represents the incarnation of Christ.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FanX - Two Years Later

It's hard to believe that this time, exactly two years ago, I was in Salt Lake City with my own little art booth at FanX, the biggest ar...