Monday, December 14, 2020

12 Days of Christmas (2020) - Day 2

On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: two turtle doves...

...and a partridge in a pear tree!


My fantasy version: Two forest fauns...

...and a unicorn as white as the snow!

Interesting fact: the turtle dove is a symbol of true love and friendship, while the faun is a symbol of peace and fertility. In the song, the turtle doves signify a devoted couple before God.

As for fauns, although they're often mixed up with satyrs, they're actually a lot tamer (and therefore much friendlier) than satyrs; fauns are much more likely to help you and stand by you, like Mr. Tumnus in C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia. It's no accident that Tumnus is my most favorite character from that series (although Aslan comes REAL close) or that I made him a dear friend of my own character, Terence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...