Thursday, October 3, 2024

Mel's Inktober 2 and 3

Forgot to post this yesterday even though it was already completed, but hey, who's judging? 

Anyway, I used to hate anime. I kind of still do, but I've softened up to some films here and there, primarily the more family-friendly ones. Even the tamer ones can be a bit hard to follow; you really need to pay attention and you can still get lost along the way.

I'm a sort-of fan of Hayao Miyazaki. In any case, I'm paying more attention to Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and I've yet to check out My Neighbor Totoro but it looks kind of cute and I've heard plenty of praise about it. At least the main character was fairly easy to draw, so that's why I chose him for day 2.

If Miyazaki is known for including a flight scene in just about all of his stories, you can bank on a water scene in just about all of my stories, where a character who loves to get wet really soaks it up.


Now, for day 3: 


Never saw the Pac-Man cartoon, though I did play some of the original games here and there and we used to own Ms. Pac-Man: Maze Madness for Nintendo 64.

Once again, I was aiming for simplicity here, and this was pretty fun. Here's lookin' at you, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mel's Inktober 17 - Cute Black Cats

Wanted something a bit happier and a lot simpler this time. I've always been a pretty big cat person; I'd have dogs and cats if I ...