Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Mel's Inktober 9 - Batman

Never was a big fan of Batman and most likely never will be, though I have gained greater appreciation for the late 90s/early 2000s version. 

Kevin Conroy (God rest his soul) did an absolutely phenomenal job and I appreciate how they told more mature stories without getting so much in our faces about it. Know what I mean?

My own Beowulf is based a great deal on Batman. While he doesn't have such a strict "thou shalt not kill" policy, he saves killing as a last resort, he often grants his victims one last chance to walk away, and unlike some werewolves, he gets the grim business over with quickly. He does not believe in drawn-out torture and he'll never, ever make someone else a werewolf as well. Many times, he saves his victims from a fate much worse than death, which makes it a dark form of mercy on his part.

And not once does he ever enjoy it or excuse himself, so that saves him from becoming a true murderer. It's what saves him from being totally barricaded from heaven while not letting him in right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mel's Inktober 17 - Cute Black Cats

Wanted something a bit happier and a lot simpler this time. I've always been a pretty big cat person; I'd have dogs and cats if I ...