Monday, October 14, 2019

Inktober 2019 - Day 14

The day before my mom's 65th birthday.

When I got up this morning to get ready for work, I saw I had a text message, telling me not to come in today because we were that slow. Well, these last couple of weeks had kept me on my toes, so no need to tell me twice! I love a day off here and there; it was having too many days "off" at WinCo that led me to quit. I like to stay home and rest, but I like to get paid as well. (Speaking of which, tomorrow is Pay Day!)

This ended up working in my favor, because not only could I work on my "Inktober" art some more, but I got to go to Arctic Circle with my family for lunch (Mom wanted an "early birthday" celebration), and afterward we took Christine to the store to shop for Mom's gifts. We got her some good stuff, too; she's really easy to shop for, and she doesn't like having a big fuss made over her, but nevertheless, she deserves something nice.

As for "Inktober," today's theme is: Overgrown. A little bug lost in a big tangle of grass, flowers, and weeds was all I could think of, but I still think it turned out rather nicely.


"Fantasytober" #14: A Witch Crashing Her Broomstick. Ah, yes, the typical, "Watch where you're flying!" Or, "Don't drink and fly!" That's gotta hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 9-11 Memorial

Every year, I make a small tribute to 9/11, and this year is no exception. I also play Alan Jackson's "Where Were You (When the Wor...