Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Inktober 2019 - Day 9

Boy-howdy, the temperatures have taken a plummet this week. Just tonight, my mom and little brother made the "sign of evil" against the weatherman, which I personally thought was a bit over-the-top.

But we did have a lovely evening with the Relief Society; they had a "Soup & Swap" night, so we brought over stuff in good condition that we don't need anymore (clothes, books, old handbags; I even found a journal that hadn't been touched yet), and we had soup and rolls. I'm not much of a soup person, but someone brought along this real nice "funeral potatoes" soup that's even nicer with shredded cheese and bits of bacon.

Soup is quite popular at Kneaders, too. At least one in three people order soup with their meals, and a couple of people have asked, "When are you gonna start serving potato soup or chili or clam chowder?" Well, I don't make the orders; I just follow them. But if they ever do start serving potato soup or clam chowder, I might have a bowl or two myself.

Now, whilst Sesame Street's "Count Up to Nine" plays in the background, I present to you number nine of "Inktober": Swing. And who can resist a pair of adorable little monkeys swinging through the vines?


Number nine of "Fantasytober": The Weird Sisters. Double, double, toil and trouble! Fire burn and cauldron bubble! By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 9-11 Memorial

Every year, I make a small tribute to 9/11, and this year is no exception. I also play Alan Jackson's "Where Were You (When the Wor...