Friday, October 4, 2019

Inktober 2019 - Day 4

Today went so much better. It's almost worth being sick just to feel that wonderful relief afterwards, although my case wasn't that serious. Mostly I just had to use the restroom a lot, and they don't pay me to waste all day in the restroom. Once I got home, had plenty of fluids, and got a good night's sleep, I felt as good as new.

I even got some much-needed pops out of my neck and back; I must have turned my neck wrong the day before, so it really hurt to turn my neck this way or that way, and Mom could feel a hard knot in my shoulder area when she gave me a massage. I've been popping my neck and back pretty consistently since junior high; it used to drive my dad up the wall.

Since Mom has to go shopping soon, I stayed after work to have lunch (a turkey sandwich, tomato soup, Dr. Pepper, and a chocolate dome, all delicious!) and place a special order for my family for tomorrow (gingerbread mummies; they taste a lot like Grandpa's old gingersnaps).

I'm also trying to decide what to get my mom for her birthday, which is October 15. She's pretty easy to shop for, and she never liked to have a fuss made over her. But because it's her birthday, and because she's Mom, she deserves something nice. A little tiny Dad is telling me so, even now!

Now then, day 4 of "Inktober": Freeze. Pretty cool pun, innit? Ha, ha, ha!



Day 4 of "Fantasytober": Vampire Faun. I rather had fun with this one, and no, he does not sparkle in the sunlight and he will not sneak into your house just to watch you sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 9-11 Memorial

Every year, I make a small tribute to 9/11, and this year is no exception. I also play Alan Jackson's "Where Were You (When the Wor...