Monday, May 15, 2023

Disney Musical May 15 - Arabian Nights

Oh, I come from a land
From a faraway place
Where the caravan camels roam

Where it's flat and immense

And the heat is intense

It's barbaric
But, hey, it's home

When the wind's from the east
And the sun's from the west

And the sand in the glass is right

Come on down, stop on by

Hop a carpet and fly

To another Arabian night

Arabian nights
Like Arabian days

More often than not

Are hotter than hot

In a lot of good ways

Arabian nights
'Neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
Could fall and fall hard

Out there on the dunes
 

Wanted to do something a little less fiddly today. 

Besides, I like "Arabian Nights." It's simple yet catchy, and my spine still gets pleasant tingles when we follow the camel over that dune and we get our first proper glimpse of the Sultan's huge palace and the city of Agrabah beneath it. Very nicely done.

(All images property of their respective owners.)

Just like The Lion King, despite not being my favorite movie, Aladdin begins with a big bang and keeps a fairly exciting tone until the end credits roll. I can only imagine what that must have been like in the theater.

I can vaguely remember seeing Toy Story in the theater with my family. My first solid memory of going to the movies was The Hunchback of Notre Dame with my mom and sister.

Going to the movies was a rare treat growing up. But for the most part, I liked what I saw. If nothing else, it was a nice little getaway and we made sure to get plenty of snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...