Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Disney Musical May 24 - One Song

Now that I've found you,
Hear what I have to say
 

One song
I have but one song
One song
Only for you

 One heart
Tenderly beating
Ever entreating
Constant and true
 

One love
That has possessed me
One love
Thrilling me through

 One song
My heart keeps singing
Of one love

Only for you
 

I may prefer romance on the sidelines of a story, but I am a sucker for a well-done romantic moment and a lovely love song on occasion.

Admittedly, the love story between Snow White and the Prince is a little weak. But then again, this was only Disney's first movie, and I say it's good for a start. It's definitely a step above the original fairy tale, where the Prince pretty much shows up out of nowhere at the very, very end.

Everyone's got to start somewhere, right?

This is how I imagine my Jonathan and Herminia meeting with each other. Herminia sings out loud while tending to chores, and Jonathan hears her while he's out and about and decides to further investigate. I can very easily hear Jonathan singing something like this as they get to know each other better, with Herminia every bit as hopelessly smitten as he is.

Some people call this pure mush. But Reid is one of the few to find it genuinely charming and sweet.

All a matter of point of view.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...