Monday, May 29, 2023

Disney Musical May 29 - Perfect Isn't Easy

Girl, we've got work to do
Pass me the paint and glue
Perfect isn't easy
But it's me!

 When one knows the world is watching,
One does what one must
Some minor adjustments, darling
Not for my vanity

But for humanity
 

Each little step a pose
See how the breeding shows, uh!
Sometimes it's too much
For even me!

But when all the world says yes,
Then who am I to say no?
Don't ask a mutt to strut like a show girl
No, girl, you need a pro!

 Not a flea or a flaw
Take a peek at that paw
La-dee-da-da
Perfection becomes me, n'est-ce pas?
 

Unrivaled, unruffled
I'm beauty unleashed, yeah
Jaws drop
Hearts stop
So classic and classy
We're not talking Lassie
 

And ahh!
Ahh! Ooh!
Ow! Ow! Ow!
Ruff-ruff-ruff! Ow!
 

Though many covet my bone and bowl,
They're barking up the wrong tree
You pretty pups all over the city
I have your hearts and you have my pity
Pretty is nice, but still
It's just pretty!

Perfect, my dears Is ME! 

While Georgette was never my favorite character, she is entertaining for the most part. She gets some proper comeuppance, a good knock off her high pedestal, and overall, Bette Midler does a fantastic job.


And this song is great fun. It would be a flawless fit for quite a few of my characters. Ann and Adela, as well as Tallis and Tyrell, and even Tristan (Terence's big brother) are the first to spring to mind.

They're all too much for their own good, although none of them are half so confident as they claim. The truth is, they try so hard to convince themselves more than anyone else that they're worth something.

A psychiatrist would make a tidy fortune off them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...