Saturday, May 27, 2023

Disney Musical May 27 - You've Got a Friend

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me
Yeah, you've got a friend in me
 

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
You've got troubles
And I've got 'em, too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together, we can see it through
'Cause you've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

 Some other folks
Might be a little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger, too, maybe
But none of them
Will ever love you the way I do
It's me and you, boy
 

And as the years go by,
Our friendship will never die
You're gonna see it's our destiny

You've got a friend in me

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
 

Holy smokes, do I remember the Toy Story craze. My brother was positively obsessed with it, to say the least. He got as many Woody and Buzz dolls as he could get his grubby little hands on, and he played the movies and songs to pieces.

We owned Toy Story 2 for Nintendo 64 for many years; that was the first N64 game we ever had. We mastered that game long before we watched the movie.





(All images property of their respective owners.)

This song was all over the place, too. To this day, you're hard-pressed to find a person who can't sing the first couple of lines on cue.

As for me, my feelings about the whole franchise are neutral at best. Never loved it, never hated it, and I believe they should have ended for good on Toy Story 3. Toy Story 4 was definite overkill and I'm not looking forward to Movie #5. Don't even get me started on that new Lightyear movie.

But I do feel Movie #2 is the best, I like Woody and Buzz, there are plenty of funny, feel-good, and heart-pinching moments, the dialogue is extremely quotable, and this song really is good; Randy Newman is, indeed, a gifted songwriter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...