Thursday, May 23, 2024

Layton Utah Temple Open House

Temples for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are being constructed all over the world, and now there's one in my very own neighborhood. It will be dedicated on June 16 this year, which happens to be both Father's Day and the day that Grandpa Dahl passed away (back in 2019). 

From what I've heard, Elder David A. Bednar will be the one with the honor of dedicating this temple. 

Tonight for Special Needs Mutual, they had a sort of VIP tour for the open house. This is the period of time in which the general public may set foot in the temple and get a little tour of the interior before the official dedication. 

But Mom had to chauffeur Corie to and from work; Corie works as a cafeteria worker in a retirement facility in Ogden and she always works nights. So, since I was free, I came along to keep an eye on Christopher and Michael. We'll be going again tomorrow as a family. 

Phones and cameras are not allowed inside the temple, though I did snap a few nice shots with my phone's camera before and after the tour. I will say that the interior of the temple is absolutely gorgeous. Such beauty, such elegance, such attention to detail...and there were patterns of tiny budding leaves (or blossoms) everywhere. It's as fine a House of the Lord as any I've seen yet. 

I'm really looking forward to the dedication, and I know my dad and both my grandparents were right there beside us the whole time. I don't see why they wouldn't be. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Birthday - Recap

Hard to believe I'm already 36.  I know age is just a number, and the only real difference I feel right now is my hairstyle. I've be...