Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Warming Up to Bluey

While I'm a natural skeptic when it comes to movies, books, and TV shows, sometimes I'm in for a very pleasant surprise. Such was the case with The Super Mario Bros. Movie, Puss In Boots: The Last Wish, and now such is the case with the Australian cartoon, Bluey. 

I decided I'd give this cartoon a try since it seemed very family-friendly, incredibly cute, and the episodes are super-short, no longer than seven minutes. Besides, stories about family love are my favorites and serve as much more appealing bait for me.

I can't say I'm an official fan now. But I can tell you that I do like it, that it's a real breath of fresh air. Sometimes the potty humor is a bit much, but at least they don't take it too far. It is a show aimed at preschoolers after all, though you don't have to be a little kid or even a parent to enjoy it. 

My favorite character is most definitely Bandit. I love the way he talks, he's one of the good dads out there, and he absolutely steals the show. 

Bingo comes pretty close, though; she's just so darn cute!

 



I haven't seen all the episodes yet, but I really enjoyed "Unicorse" and it's safe to say that one's my favorite.
 


I also enjoyed "The Pool," "Daddy Robot," "Butterflies," "Yoga Ball," "Duck Cake," "Camping," "Baby Race," "Sleepytime," "Curry Quest," and "Dad Baby" was surprisingly bold but amazingly done. 

"Onesies" also hit home for me because I don't have kids (or a spouse for that matter) and that line, "Because it's not meant to be," almost made me cry. 

If there are any more Bluey episodes in the foreseeable future, I'll be sure to keep my eyes peeled. But for now, I think we really could use more wholesome, educational, humorous, downright sweet shows like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Birthday - Recap

Hard to believe I'm already 36.  I know age is just a number, and the only real difference I feel right now is my hairstyle. I've be...