Thursday, October 12, 2023

2023 Inktober 12 - Halloween Pup

Once again, work has been a killer. Today was supposed to be my day off, but I got a last-minute message this morning, asking if I could come in as soon as possible. I guess I can't complain too much, since I can easily walk to work (it's only a couple of blocks away) and thus I'm in a better position to come in at a moment's notice, and I could really use the money.

But holy cow, what a nuthouse. Customers just kept coming and coming and coming, and some were more patient than others. We were up to our necks in orders, and there were only so many hands on deck. I was practically chained to that cash register all day, and it's taking a physical toll on me to stay calm. I remember how one coworker once told me, "I don't know how you stand it."

Some customers had the nerve to ask what was taking so long with their order, as if they somehow couldn't see the big crowd around them. One guy told me to my face that he deserved an extra roll to go with his soup, "but I guess you'll charge me for that, too." Like it's somehow a mind-blower that most things cost actual money, like I somehow have any say in the prices.

One lady said, "No tip," out loud as she was pushing the button, as if I weren't standing right there and couldn't hear her perfectly well. Sure, I don't believe in forcing tips, but the least you can do is keep it to yourself, not rub it in my face, not make me feel like I'm somehow undeserving.

And all these people leave a terrible mess and a half behind, as if we didn't have enough work to do already.

I am not looking forward to the holidays.


So, today's Inktober entry is kept simple, too. It's really adorable to see how some people dress up their dogs, cats, even their horses for Halloween.


What kind of treats would you give a dog if it came up to you with a trick-or-treat bag or bucket?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Birthday - Recap

Hard to believe I'm already 36.  I know age is just a number, and the only real difference I feel right now is my hairstyle. I've be...