Sunday, October 8, 2023

2023 Inktober 8 - Terence Meets Ariel

Terence has a lot in common with Ariel. They're both fantasy creatures, they're both impetuous (though Terence is a bit more cautious and not quite as gullible) and they both fall in love with a human. 


Both lost their mothers at a young age, and both their fathers harbor an understandable if excessive hatred toward humans. Humans were even responsible for the deaths of their mothers.

By unicorn standards, Terence is the equivalent of a 19-year-old, so he would only have a few years over Ariel. That's why I often refer to him as "the white-haired youth."

And even though Terence doesn't live in the water, he'll take any advantage of getting good and wet. He can never resist the opportunity for a swim in unicorn or human form. Furthermore, it's because of the merfolk in his world that he got access to those special shells that let you breathe underwater for as long as you like. He becomes a very talented singer, too.

Small world, innit? Or in this case, small ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Birthday - Recap

Hard to believe I'm already 36.  I know age is just a number, and the only real difference I feel right now is my hairstyle. I've be...