Monday, October 23, 2023

2023 Inktober 23 - Scooby-Doo

I must say, this is one of my favorite Inktober entries so far. Maybe I'll try this again on a larger scale in full color.

So, yeah, not much to say about Scooby-Doo, other than I was nuts about him as a kid and while I still like him to this day, I don't really care for the modern shows. The worst of them all has got to be that new Velma show. Turns out Scooby-Doo himself is not in there because the execs said he was off-limits, but even putting that aside, the characters are completely butchered and Velma herself has become completely unlikable. It's political correctness gone way, way too far. Too "woke," if you will.

I didn't care all that much for the 2002 live-action movie, either. What works for a cartoon doesn't work quite as well in the other format, and I don't appreciate the so-called obligation to make the humor much cruder, with stronger language.

For the most part, I'll stick to Scooby-Doo, Where Are You, and I do like Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost, and Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase. I even like Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers and Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School. Those last two movies carry nice childhood memories, and Scrappy is a lot more tolerable and helpful in those. For that matter, I don't really understand why people hate Scrappy so much, and why the execs can't just make him more likable if he's that bad.

Ah, well, I still had fun with this, and it definitely helped me blow off some steam from work. Work is nothing I really can't handle, but it's like an unpleasant roller coaster ride; you have to wait until the ride's over before you can get off, and all you can do in the meantime is hang on tightly. 

Here's the Scooby-Doo piece I did for FanX: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Birthday - Recap

Hard to believe I'm already 36.  I know age is just a number, and the only real difference I feel right now is my hairstyle. I've be...