Friday, October 6, 2023

2023 Inktober 6 - Reid's Disney Moment

"Look at me,
I will never pass for a perfect prince
Or a perfect son
Can it be
I'm not meant to play this part?
Now I see
That if I were truly to be myself,
I would break my family's heart."

Mulan had a lot of influence on Reid's character and his story, so this is all too fitting. He tries so hard to fit in, and yet he has a special knack for royally screwing things up. He tries to be no one but himself, and yet (almost) everybody treats him like he should be somebody else altogether, including his parents. Even the Windwillows take a while to accept him the way he is.

In the end, being himself makes all the difference in the world. In the end, his reflection indeed shows who he is inside. Like the blossom that blooms in adversity, he's "the most rare and beautiful of all." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Birthday - Recap

Hard to believe I'm already 36.  I know age is just a number, and the only real difference I feel right now is my hairstyle. I've be...