Sunday, October 29, 2017

"Inktober" Challenge - Day 29

Oh, man, today was rough. I was called into work again, but I ended up leaving early because I was not feeling well. When I say "not feeling well," I mean that I lost my lunch, and we all know the deli is not the place to be after you've thrown up. Didn't want to scare the customers away and I couldn't concentrate as well anyhow.

I was feeling "blecch" all morning, but I tried to tough it out for as long as possible. When I could no longer resist, I tracked down my boss and said, "Hey, I hate to do this to you but I lost my lunch. Would it be possible to leave early today?"

Luckily for me, she was very understanding and gave me permission to clock out then and there. You don't get penalized for cutting out if you throw up (or have diarrhea), and everybody knows I'm usually very good about coming to work and completing my shifts. If anything, I put in too much time and they have to get me to cut down. So when I leave just like that, I must have a valid reason for doing so. I even told my boss I'd be happy to work an extra hour or two tomorrow, when I was feeling better.

But this was the first time in my life that I had to cut out of work. This happened to me once in college, too; thankfully, I only had two classes that day, I had already finished my homework, and my professors could tell I wasn't bluffing when I told them I felt awful. One of them even mentioned that I looked a little pale.

I know I did the right thing. Still, it's pretty mortifying that this had to happen in the first place. Guess there's a first time for everything, and you just have those days where you get knocked flat.

On a lighter topic, I'm still keeping up with my "Inktober" sketches. (It helped that I drew today's images in advance.) Hard to believe the challenge is almost over, that October is almost over. Only two days (and two entries, four in my case) to go. Wowsers.

So, theme 29: "United."


Realized too late that I had put Terence's hooves too high and Aldridge's midsection too low. Luckily, I was able to fix this with a little ledge, and it's still an adorable pose.

Their relationship is so touching. Each is the first real friend the other one ever had (ever), and even after they make other friends, they remain the most intimate with each other. Terence only loves Rhiella more and understands her better. What makes his friendship with Aldridge even more remarkable is that, in their world, most people stick to their own race: unicorns with unicorns, elves with elves, humans with humans, dragons with dragons...you get the idea.

Disney theme 29: "Fairies."


"Phineas T. Kettletree, Esquire, at your service!" 

"Oh, foo! He's Bobble."  

My all-time favorite Disney fairy. No questions asked. He's so charming, just downright "adorkable," and I totally ship him with Tinker Bell. Wrote a couple of stories about the two of them a good while back; the stories are pretty mawkish but I got a huge kick out of them all the same.

His interactions with his mate Clank can get pretty hilarious, too. The best one:

"Have you seen Tink?"

"No, thank you! Not thirsty!"

"No, no, not drink! Tink!"

"Pink? I like purple m'self."

"TINK! HAVE YOU SEEN TINK?!"

"What? I do NOT stink! Maybe it's you, eh? Oy...have you seen Tink?"

Cue the most epic "headdesk" moment ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 21 - You'll Never Walk Alone

When you walk through a storm, Hold your head up high And don't be afraid of the dark At the end of the storm, There's a golden sky...