Friday, October 6, 2017

"Inktober" Challenge - Day 6

Almost made it to an entire week. This not only gives me something to do, with all the free time I have from work, but it's a lot of fun. Overall, this has been a good year for art.

Okay, theme for the Disney Inktober: "Hero."


One of Disney's most woefully unsung heroes. To me, this version of Quasimodo has everything you could want in an ideal hero: kindness, sensitivity, vulnerability, strength, loyalty, determination, dedication, a bit of sarcasm, and when the time comes, totally kicking butt. Even when he doesn't "get the girl," he'll still go through hell and back to save her life.

Little does he realize how much these words, sarcastic at the time they're spoken, prove prophetic: "What? What am I supposed to do? Go out there and rescue the girl from the--from the jaws of death, and the whole town will cheer like I'm some kind of a hero?"

I got a fair bit of inspiration for my Terence from this guy.

Speaking of Terence, I used him for today's other Inktober challenge: "Sword."


Most of the time, Terence is a nice guy. But never, ever underestimate him in a brawl.

When he's a unicorn, you should never get too close to his horn. And when he's human, he'll put a sword (and occasionally a bow and arrow) to excellent use. There's a scene (several scenes, actually) just like this in my books.

And here's another full color image I completed today, of Romulus with his beloved Kyla.

 
What can I say? I'm a hopeless sucker for this kind of art!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...