Tuesday, October 10, 2017

"Inktober" Challenge - Day 10

Almost halfway there already. This is not only fun and helps me unwind from work, but it also helps me learn to be a little less uptight about the quality of my artwork.

Sure, it's always great to strive for good quality. But it's also great to learn to not be so hard on yourself, to not be so picky, to just let your imagination flow with your pen.

Okie-dokie, for day 10 of the Disney challenge: "Horses."


I was tempted to do Cyril Proudbottom (I even looked up a few references on Google Images), but then I decided Khan would be easier and more fun to draw. I've always admired Mulan's big black beast; aside from his cool personality, his design is amazing! He must have been a lot of fun (and a lot of work) to animate.

For day 10 of the second Inktober: "Gigantic."


Yeah, I avoided the stereotypical "giant vs. human being" stuff, and just went for a dog sniffing a grasshopper in the grass, and emphasize the difference in the two animals' sizes. I never was a fan of insects but this is rather adorable. And a grasshopper is one of those very few insects I can look at up close without wigging out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BMM 20 - Tomorrow

The sun'll come out Tomorrow Bet your bottom dollar That tomorrow there'll be sun Just thinkin' about Tomorrow Clears away the ...